Management & Strategy Consulting
Combining over 10 years of business consulting (almost six years with McKinsey & Company and several years as independent professional) as well as my entrepreneurial experience (as founder of a restaurant brand and owner of a farm & forestry business) I support clients in strategy development and serve other consulting firms as senior project manager, primarily in Automotive Industry, Railway & Logistics, Renewable Energy & Water Utilities and Agricultural Companies.
My portfolio of strategy development includes corporate strategy, business unit strategy and business development with focus on sales, purchasing and production strategies, strategies related to renewable energy & e-mobility, product portfolio strategy and economic development strategies. I can bring a wide range of techniques and tools to your company in order to effectively guide your strategic thinking and help you develop impactful strategies.
Project Expertise and Execution
I also support other consulting firms and corporate clients in project execution. With years of experience in management of large, global projects, I am able to run your teams efficiently and secure project success. My project expertise ranges from strategy projects to operational improvement projects (manufacturing, supply chain, cost optimization) and includes insights from several industries across many countries. I am familiar with establishing new companies and joint ventures as well as re-organization of existing businesses.
Through leveraging my partner consulting network, I can also bring full teams with additional consultants and experts to your company, if the scope requires more problem solving capacity.
Project time spend in focus industries
Energy & Water Utilities
Railway & Logistics
Consulting expertise and industry focus
- Supported Austrian renewable energy trading company with review of corporate strategy and business development in photovoltaics (PV production and PV retail opportunities)
- Supported US utility with e-mobility strategy incl. EV infrastructure business development and its effect on regulated business
- Supported CEE railway company with business unit strategy intermodal transportation and subsequent reorganization of this business unit across subsidiaries in 5 countries
- Supported European car manufacturer with purchasing strategy incl. LCC sourcing, lead buyer organization and volume bundling
- Supported GCC business development board with economic reform agenda, focusing on tourism strategy (meetings, exhibitions and conferences tourism) and logistic strategy (development of logics zones and harbors)
- Supported European agro-chemical company with its supply chain strategy in seed business including benchmarking of operations across 4 main country organizations
- Supported Chinese OEM with European entry strategy including Brand positioning, required product updates for Europe and prioritization of entry markets for step-by-step launch
- Managed establishment of joint venture company between CEE railway company and Turkish partner, incl. contact establishment and support till day 1 of operations
- Managed carve-out of business unit into new company for same CEE railway company, incl. board decision process and steering of all operational, juridical and financial aspects and team members of carve-out
- Supported analysis of supply chain and goods flow control process for European manufacturer of gaming machines
- Managed international plant benchmarking program for global automotive supplier, incl. optimization of production lines and supply chain of 7 production plants across 6 countries on 3 continents.
- Managed dealer salesforce improvement program for European car manufacturer with focus on improvement at retail level (pilots in 6 biggest outlets) and build-up of consulting division to support subsequent roll-out across all outlets in Germany
- Managed plant optimization (lean manufacturing, energy optimization, Capex optimization) for biggest Aluminum production plant in Middle East – led 4 consultants and 50+ client team members who were also trained in lean techniques
- Managed redesign of supply chain for European agro-chemical company and supported step-by-step integration of business into US conglomerate
- Managed redesign of operations and maintenance teams at major UK water utility, incl. org-structures, job descriptions, steering systems and governance for 3000+ employees
- Supported overhead cost optimization program for leading European car rental company with focus on fleet management, HR processes and central purchasing
- Managed brand positioning and product development project for new e-mobility brand / product portfolio of Chinese car OEM including set-up of overall business plan and design of sales & service network
- Managed implementation of annual cost improvement program with focus on engineering / product development in top-selling product line of German premium OEM
- 2 European car manufacturer (several projects in sales, production, purchasing, organisation)
- 3 global tier 1 automotive suppliers (several projects in production, purchasing, supply chain)
Energy and Water Utilities (20%)
- UK water utility (several projects in water & waste)
- US energy utility (network provider)
- Austrian / CEE renewable energy provider (energy production and trading)
Railway and Logistics (20%)
- CEE railway company
- CEE intermodal operator
- European rental car company (fleet management)
Other Industries (10%)
- US/European agricultural supplier (seeds production)
- Austrian agricultural SMEs
- European / global gaming machine manufacturer
- GCC economic development board
- GCC aluminum manufacturer
- Austrian / German gastronomy SMEs
Partner Consulting Network
Personal data (usually referred to just as “data” below) will only be processed by us to the extent necessary and for the purpose of providing a functional and user-friendly website, including its contents, and the services offered there.
Per Art. 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”), “processing” refers to any operation or set of operations such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, alignment, or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction performed on personal data, whether by automated means or not.
With regard to the data processing to be described in more detail below, users and data subjects have the right
- to confirmation of whether data concerning them is being processed, information about the data being processed, further information about the nature of the data processing, and copies of the data (cf. also Art. 15 GDPR);
- to correct or complete incorrect or incomplete data (cf. also Art. 16 GDPR);
- to the immediate deletion of data concerning them (cf. also Art. 17 DSGVO), or, alternatively, if further processing is necessary as stipulated in Art. 17 Para. 3 GDPR, to restrict said processing per Art. 18 GDPR;
- to receive copies of the data concerning them and/or provided by them and to have the same transmitted to other providers/controllers (cf. also Art. 20 GDPR);
- to file complaints with the supervisory authority if they believe that data concerning them is being processed by the controller in breach of data protection provisions (see also Art. 77 GDPR).
In addition, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom it discloses data of any such corrections, deletions, or restrictions placed on processing the same per Art. 16, 17 Para. 1, 18 GDPR. However, this obligation does not apply if such notification is impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Nevertheless, users have a right to information about these recipients.
Likewise, under Art. 21 GDPR, users and data subjects have the right to object to the controller’s future processing of their data pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. In particular, an objection to data processing for the purpose of direct advertising is permissible.
Your data processed when using our website will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose for its storage ceases to apply, provided the deletion of the same is not in breach of any statutory storage obligations or unless otherwise stipulated below.
For technical reasons, the following data sent by your internet browser to us or to our server provider will be collected, especially to ensure a secure and stable website: These server log files record the type and version of your browser, operating system, the website from which you came (referrer URL), the webpages on our site visited, the date and time of your visit, as well as the IP address from which you visited our site.
The data thus collected will be temporarily stored, but not in association with any other of your data.
The basis for this storage is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the improvement, stability, functionality, and security of our website.
The data will be deleted within no more than seven days, unless continued storage is required for evidentiary purposes. In which case, all or part of the data will be excluded from deletion until the investigation of the relevant incident is finally resolved.
Please refer to the following information for details, in particular for the legal basis and purpose of such third-party collection and processing of data collected through cookies.
If you prevent or restrict the installation of cookies, not all of the functions on our site may be fully usable.
This website uses the analysis plugin WP Statistics, from the provider wp-statistics.com. It generates simple statistics from the data in anonymous form. For this purpose, no user profiles are created, IP addresses are stored as a hash. All data collected by WP Statistics will be completely anonymized and only stored locally on our web server, not shared or processed by third parties. A personal identification of a visitor is thus, even subsequently, impossible. Statistical data will be stored for 12 month.
If you contact us via email or the contact form, the data you provide will be used for the purpose of processing your request. We must have this data in order to process and answer your inquiry; otherwise we will not be able to answer it in full or at all.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Your data will be deleted once we have fully answered your inquiry and there is no further legal obligation to store your data, such as if an order or contract resulted therefrom.